Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Customer info necessary
Customer info necessary

944 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-26 19:51:34

•   Level 4   
    (141) points
    Bestdamgarage
    2021-01-26 18:54:40
     after the last update i did which was a while ago.My 908 ask for customer info and repair order number is there a way to eliminate or bypass this. Really annoying.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-01-26 19:51:34 (Reply to:Bestdamgarage)

"It's really annoying"You got that right.  I complained about it awhile ago first noticed it awhile back when  scanning Nissans, and then it was on every other make I scanned after that. Someone mentioned that you have to go into settings and disable auto scan, but I don't want to have to disable that feature, I just want the option to be able to skip entering the customer and car information.

http://pro.autel.com:6688/autelsupport/Diagnostics/29864_2.jhtml?logoTypeId=56&typeName=Asian%20Cars

I think it is something that Autel's product liability lawyers demand us all to do now to cover their own butts and to possibly work out a settlement with one of our customers in case their software causes damage to vehicle's electronics and the disclaimer we all agree to before using the software doesn't carry any weight in court. LMAO
     Another annoying thing is before,this took effect you could do as many subsequent auto scans as you wished with out it overwriting the original prescan, but now it tells you that you are entering a postscan and you can't do anymore unless you completely exit the vehicle and start over entering the customer and car information all over again. If you go into vehicle history and select the vehicle then it overwrites all the original prescan results with the new scan results.

Total1 Pages